Tuesday, June 15, 2010

CM Jumping Pony

More pics of my WIP jumping pony, Secret Weapon. He's a drastic custom with portions contributed by a Marigold, a Classic Arabian Mare, and two Classic Arabian Stallions. I initially put this guy together a couple years ago, but it's taken me a while to get the courage to finish him.

I'm really glad I waited because his customizing work ended up much more elaborate than I originally planned. I intended him to be a light grey Connemara I would use strictly for performance. I had tack made in anticipation.

I'm now pondering how those red boots, breastcollar and saddle pad are going to look on an orange chestnut. Ouch. Yeah, I may be buying new tack--or not putting tack on him at all.

In progress photos (finished photos below):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Color reference:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Laura Dotson-Thomson said...

Uh, girl! You amaze me every time. I need to get on your books one of these days.

Unknown said...

oh wow! I just love her.. you did a beautiful job sculpting her.. I would this she was an original sculpt from clay! and her paint job is beautiful too as usual. Congrats on finishing her!
Rebecca Turner
www.solticeartstudio.blogspot.com